Tuesday, July 5, 2011

6 weeks 4 days



Well it's been a busy little week for us so far!



Monday we had our weigh and measure down at the community health nurses. Bub is now 4.1kg, 54.5cm long & head circ of 38cm! The nurse had a little cuddle afterwards and he was talking and giving her big smiles - little charmer he is!

We went and visited Tanja and Damien on Monday afternoon. Was funny - he was doing a loud fart, and after he was done Damien copied the noise! Funniest thing EVER!


Tuesday we had our 6 week check up at the GP. Her measurements and weight were different... apparently off that he's 4.3kg (but he had clothes on) and his length was like 55 or 56cm.

Kyle came with us as there was no way I could be alone when he got his needles. While I was getting my pap smear Kyle had to take him up to the nurses to get his needles, but they were busy down there so it didn't get done til way after I joined them.

Kyle held Riley while two nurses got on either side of him and put a needle in him at the same time in each leg, it took a few seconds then out came the howling scream of pain, I thought I was going to be okay, but I just lost it, started bawling my eyes out. I think it's just the fact that he was sitting there like a good boy, not sooking or anything, had just woken up, and he was given 2 needles which would have hurt him so much :( One of the nurses came over to comfort me, and I just felt like the biggest idiot.

We took him up to the square after as we needed nappies - big mistake, he was in his pram and screaming the place down, all he wanted was cuddles. Which I gave him plenty of when we got home!

We didn't get to bed til 11pm that night as I went up to a friends to borrow some children's panadol off her, as he had cried out in pain a few times and was whimpering in his sleep.

He woke a few times in the night, but only to grizzle or have a little sook...didn't wake to be fed til 6:30am!! and all day he's been sleepy, and hasn't been feeding as often.


Tomorrow Gammy is going to be looking after him so I can go get a haircut & find something nice to wear to Kerry's Hens Night.


Friday his Dad is gonna mind him so I can go out Shopping for food/decorations for Kerry's Hens.


Then Saturday he is sleeping over at Gammy's while I am AT Kerry's Hens night.


Busy Busy week! Missed out on mothers group this week because we had the vaccinations, so back to that next week... And I will start going back to the gym soon as I am really wanting to start to try and get back somewhere near my pre pregnancy weight! I am still WAYYYY over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment